ACSW's annual conference highlights innovation and fresh ideas focused on ethics and professional practice. Our conference is one of the largest gatherings of social workers in North America. Up to 800 social workers have attended each year for the past 5 years. Each year a theme is selected which is illuminated through the 50+ workshops and keynote presentations.
Conference goals are to:
- Provide a forum to share practice experiences
- Showcase recent developments and innovations in social work
- Highlight best practices that promote caring, self-fulfillment, autonomy, participation, and independence for diverse populations
- Rejuvenate and refresh social workers through self-care workshops
- Promote and enhance ethical practice
- Connect with colleagues
- Celebrate the practice of social work
Click here to submit a workshop proposal
Deadline for all submissions is September 17, 2018
Each year a group of volunteers forms the Conference Planning Committee. The committee is supported by staff through the Manager, Professional Affairs.
This committee consists of a core group that oversees delegated conference functions from theme selection, conference format to evaluation roll-ups post conference. Sub-committees, with specific tasks and more limited time commitments, contribute. There is a range of volunteer opportunities.
This committee functions to support professional development and connections amongst social workers. Meeting related expenses are reimbursed. Members interested in becoming involved with conference planning are encouraged to indicate this on their renewal form or contact the ACSW office.
The Alberta College of Social Workers operates under the legislated requirements of Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act. Any personal information collected through the process of registering for the ACSW annual conference is safeguarded with appropriate security measures and used only for conference purposes.
- Registrations are confirmed complete only when full payment is received.
- If you have registered and are subsequently unable to attend the conference, you may substitute someone to attend in your place. Please advise ACSW of the changes.
- Due to the greatly reduced rate for our conference refunds for cancellation will not be available.
- Regarding circumstances of an extreme nature, please contact ACSW.